Every company Indian or non-Indian, big or small, product or service, faces similar challenges. All the companies have to manage their leads, opportunities, and customers. There are some unique things to be handled by Indian companies when it comes to sales.
1. Paper to Mobile: Unlike western countries where the transition has been gradual a paper to the desktop to laptop/mobile/tablets, in India for most companies, the transition has been directly from paper to mobile. Almost all sales agents have a mobile phone, but may not have a laptop.
2. Sales processes need to be tailored to local ask.
3. Most companies are managed by owners-decision making is centralized.
Many Indian companies are used to doing business in a traditional way using paper. They believe that SFA is not for their businesses, it is very complex and costly! Some of them feel that SFA is overkill for them and they are best served without using any technology. This may have been true in the past, but now SFA systems make managing customers and sales very easy and efficient. If companies look for the following in their SFA, they will be able to get most out of it:
1. Ease of Use: Sales Force Automation(SFA) should be intuitive to work with. Ease of use should be the primary thing in SFA how good the system is if no one uses it? SFA should help sales team to manage leads, opportunities, customers etc. It does not have to be complicated.
2. Effective Sales Process: SFA should help implement sales process defined by the company. Defining a process and sticking to it, is the key to company’s success. SFA should help a company to define a process and then help them stick to the process.
3. Affordable: Indian market is very price sensitive. Companies should look at different models to make SFA affordable for them. For some companies, user-based pricing for SFA deployed on the cloud may be a better option.
4. Scalable: SFA should not only support current business but also be able to scale to future needs. Indian market is growing at a very fast rate, so SFA should be able to work for the company when they are bigger in 2 years, 5 years and so on.
5. Analysis (Reports): SFA collects a lot of sales data, but it is important for companies to look at this data and help make good decisions. Analysis of SFA data, in terms of reports and business intelligence, will be very helpful for the Sales team and management to plan for next day, week, month, quarter and years.
6. Alerts: SFA should be able to proactively tell sales agents about the next steps like sending a technical document to a prospect. Alert should also be able to help management with important information.
7. Support: Most Indian companies do not have the technical staff to resolve issues, handle upgrades or perform enhancements on SFA systems. The provider should be able to support SFA during stabilization phase and beyond if needed.
Can there be any scope for improvement in the best performing region?
How to identify?
Section 1- Region and TG identification-
We selected the best performing region, looked for the weakest THERAUPATIC GROUP, its weakest products and then identify MR activities in those areas for those products. As a Region, sales of BHUBANESHWAR were most. Still, let us study scope of improvement in BHUBANESHWAR Region. BHUBANESHWAR Region achievement at 120%.
Section 2 Product and Area identification
GYNECOLOGY has least achievement % against targets in Bhubaneshwar Region 86% BHUBANESHWAR was best-performing Region. Let us study scope of improvement by Product subgroup in BHUBANESHWAR Region for the same period QTR III (FY 08-09).
Let us do further drill for products of GYNECOLOGY Subgroup.Details show BENTEEL has least achievement % against the target in Bhubaneshwar Region at 62%.Let us see from PCPM Analysis for BENTEEL for Q3, Bhubaneshwar Region. Berhampur area is having lowest achievement % against target PCPM of Benteel product (Benteel sales are Berhampur is above than National PCPM but it is very less as compared to Target PCPM and also has less sales as compared to Regional PCPM).
Section 3- MR Report Analysis for identified Geography and Product
Now, MR Reporting Dashboard shows followings As Berhampur area is already weak in Benteel, more emphasis should be given by MR for detailing it, but instead of that, it appears at 10th rank (last in Top 10) for Berhampur Area.
We saw that it was so easy to identify the scope of improvement in best of our region. It is not hard to imagine, how easy it will be for our PMT and Marketing team to analyze other regions. They require less time to look for gray area and can spare more time to solve the problems with field force.
If you are planning to manage your Sales then you land at the right page. Our Sales Force Automation (SFA) Development team will understand your business and will suggest which approach suits to your requirement. For More Info Call us at +919755633444, 0731-4274230. or feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
We would be happy to answer your questions.