When we talk about the status of healthcare in the world considering the growing population, it appears to be one of the world biggest economic challenges. To overcome this challenge, there is a need for innovative technologies in healthcare that improves access to care, advance patient outcome, reduced care costs making healthcare more affordable to every segment of society.
Healthcare industry has been the most progressive over the past few years thanks to state-of-the-art technological solutions such as CRM, collaboration solutions, IoT and mobility. Here in this blog, we will talk about these technological advancements in healthcare and how it impacts patient engagements and other developments.
A pew research fact sheet states that a large number of people turn to the internet to look for information regarding the causes and symptoms of any specific injury they suffer from; instead of directly visiting their doctor. The patients or consumers these days utilize digital media to seek information and it is essential for healthcare organisations to provide users with accurate and meaningful information. However, this is actually difficult for organisations to work on as it involves a huge amount of data. Along with this, another issue for healthcare organisations is that there is information present over the internet that may be misleading and can result in misdiagnosis. Hence, it is the responsibility of healthcare organisations to provide data-driven decisions and serve accurate information online by organising & analysing data.
This is possible with the help of CRM solutions that ensure meaningful integration of consumer data, make a proper analysis and provides accurate data insights. Also, the consumers these days look for personalised digital engagement that impacts healthcare decision making. If you wonder what benefits CRM offers, here we enlist how CRM transform healthcare and create stronger patient and care-provider relationships.
Centralized Data Management:
CRM platform integrates data from multiple sources such as EHRs, health surveys, pathology reports, administrative data, laboratory notes, physician notes, in-patient and out-patient details, medication, treatment etc. CRM systems are capable of retrieving information from multiple sources and analysing and sorting data as needed. CRM platform allows patients to view a complete picture of their medical treatment driving patient engagement.
Facilitates Efficient Communication:
CRM systems automate the follow-ups and reminder functionality for patients and physicians. The system also automatically sends emails, texts, voice calls, medication reminder, and many other features. Other than this, CRM systems also allow patients to share information about their current treatment status, appointment changes, and other prescription details.
Assists in Internal Communication:
Doctors can interact with the CRM platform and discuss patient needs. The system provides doctors with access to patient data that includes lab reports, previous treatments & medication and advice on medication, symptoms and imaging data; with a better understanding.
Efficient ROI Measures:
The CRM features such as real-time dashboards, patient reports and revenues from in-patient & out-patient data highly impact on the efficient working of an organisation. On-time diagnosis and patient engagement lead to growth in revenue and achieving better ROI.
If you are looking to adopt CRM software to bring a positive outcome in your healthcare organisation, it is important to select a CRM that is customized based on the needs of your healthcare ecosystem. To get more insights on healthcare CRM capabilities, visit CRM page link.
Are you Looking to Salesforce services?
MOBILITY AND IOT IN HEALTHCARE-
With the Internet of Things taking over every industry, healthcare is no left behind. In fact, healthcare is the fastest industry vertical to embrace IoT and mobility to enhance patient care. The healthcare organisations are keen on creating multiple tailored platforms facilitating aggregation and integration of data from all connected applications, medical devices, and wearables. These platforms nurture real-time communication and patient engagement to ensure actionable comprehensions on care delivery.
The advancements in cellular technology, sensor technology and wearable devices along with the reduced cost of these devices open newer channels for healthcare vertical. Continuous patient monitoring, digital imaging, telehealth, coordinated care platforms, EMR/EHR and healthcare community social network are a few examples of the use of mobility and IoT in healthcare.
The devices connected over a network exchange continuous information and act on the same without human intervention. This machine-to-machine communication is used in Telehealth, that is for remote monitoring of patients. This machine to machine exchange is facilitated by sensors, mobile communication, RFID, WiFi links, automated computing programmes that make informed decisions by interpreting data. Healthcare deals with highly private individual data and hence calls for a higher level of security and privacy while dealing with patient data.
BENEFITS OF MOBILITY AND IOT IN HEALTHCARE INCLUDE:
- Allows remote working of clinical staff and provides instant access to patient data thereby reducing care costs.
- Improved diagnosis by integrating data from multiple sources.
- Enhanced medical equipment with accurate functional information and maintenance of equipment.
- Extremely helpful for patients with chronic illness as it allows remote monitoring and reporting of patient health; even after discharge from the hospital.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of medication
- Reduced time for healthcare insurance claim and settlement.
- Real-time monitoring and use of emergency/ ambulance transit healthcare data to ensure efficient emergency healthcare delivery.
- Increase in use of connected devices or smart devices for foetal monitoring, blood glucose checks, electrocardiograms etc. provides efficiency, convenience, and automation.
- Mobility has decreased the need for in-person or face to face interaction as it allows remote monitoring and discussion between physician and patient; right from patient registration to active diagnosis & prescription.
- Mobile based healthcare applications enable the care team to get alerts when a medication is missed, by automatically uploading data on the cloud.
- Telematics is one of the best IoT and mobility based healthcare technology that assists in emergency field and ambulance service monitoring.
- The cloud-based architecture used in mobile applications & IoT layered healthcare functions ensure smooth integration of devices and software platforms being used in healthcare organizations.
- Healthcare social networks are also an integral part of the connected ecosystem as it helps in spreading wellness across the entire community.
Digital technology is allowing healthcare organizations to take new technology initiatives that can revolutionize the quality and process of patient care. The use of CRM, mobility and IoT based healthcare solutions have significantly reduced the care cost by enabling healthcare staff to work on real-time data and save on logistics cost by making an informed decision about the use of medical devices. These digitized systems have enhanced the collaboration between the healthcare entities, guides inapt use of devices, assist in overcoming healthcare challenges, and supply with more personalised care. IoT and mobility promises and support cost-effective care and a better-connected ecosystem.
If you are looking for a cost-effective and well-collaborated healthcare software platform that works in real-time and provides actionable data insights; Advanz101 is your destination. If you are keen on adopting mobility and IoT based solutions for your healthcare facility, send us an email at email@example.com our healthcare software experts will take you through the solutions we have delivered and the features that help in achieving better patient engagement.