Advanz101’s Sales Force Automation helps field force to update field activities like Call Reports, Tour Program, Stock Statements, CRM Activities, and Expenses etc. on real time basis. This enables a seamless connectivity between field and Corporate Headquarters. With sales force automation Field force also gets relevant information to improve their operational efficiency.
Components of SFA: Advanz101’s SFA software consists of the following functionalities within the tool:
1) Daily Sales Report (DSR): The DSR provides a quick way for collecting information about daily activities of field sales force through mobile and web interface. Details like Retailer visit/Stockist visits/Product detailing/gifts given/ POB details, etc. can be added with easy clicks.
2) Tour Program (TP): The Tour Program module enables the field staff to plan station wise visits in the whole month in advance. Sales agents can map different stations and plan a tour using this intuitive and user-friendly module. Seniors in the team can also plan joint working with the field sales team.
3) Stock and Sales Statement (SSS): The sales staff can use this feature to record secondary sales only by entering closing stock of stockist. It also helps in proactive stock replenishment at stockist/distributor end.
4)Expense Calculation: The tedious task of calculating expense for every field staff is taken care by this module. Distances and miscellaneous expenses can be auto-recorded as per the Standard Distance Chart predetermined by the Sales Admin. The review and approval of expenses are thus made easy for the Sales Admin.
5) CRM / Merchandise Tracking: This module can record vital CRM-related information like special gifts/promotion done for a specific retailer and their commitments against the same. This module can effectively track merchandising activities of your own company as well as of the competitors.
6) Customized Alerts: System Generated alerts keep the various management levels updated with the latest information as and when they happen. Based on the data available in data warehouses and transactional systems like Oracle, Siebel, SAP etc. focused alerts are delivered with actionable information for measurable KPIs. These alerts can be received on a daily basis on Mobile SFA or Emails, making them easier to access.
7) The importance of Alerts: Targeted Information In the sea of data that resides in the SFA, it requires efforts to find actionable info on different KPI’s. For such scenarios, customized alerts save the day by providing targeted actionable information.Â The alerts sent are user oriented as per his territory of work.
8) Time-Saving: Provides the exact information on demand, hence eliminating the need to access SFA and browsing through the whole data.
9) Reduced Dependency on Human Capital: The dependency on human capital is eliminated as the alerts are system generated and not impacted by the availability of training resources, employee turnover etc.
10)Mobile Application: The mobile application provides all the functionalities to the field staff and management on their fingertips. It makes reporting and data availability handy. Easy, the step-wise interface makes the app a productive tool in daily official activities. Users are able to upload activities from the field using mobile, which saves their lot of time and improves efficiency. This app can be used to submit a daily sales report (DSR), edit a DSR, CRM/ Merchandise tracking, check alerts, and review real-time data including other things.
Sales call categorization-
They say that Understanding a woman is impossible. I cannot disagree with that, but at the same time, Understanding and improvising performance of Field sales executive are equally complex. Friends, the conventional sales process of any FMCG company mostly account for the basic KPI’s like number of Retailers visited or Retailer Call average and Stockiest call average. The same is true with sales monitoring of many of engineering industries as well. Any vanilla sales monitoring will have features like DSR entry, Filling Tour Program, and Capturing Order Value etc. With such a system in place, the sales efforts of any salesperson are partially measured and usually only the direct product sales or the retailer visits is calculated and talked about.
For effective sales in long run, many other dimensions need to be covered. Can we ignore the importance of activities like Product Demo, Sampling, Identifying new Stockiest / Beats / Retailers, Merchandising activity, Retailer Gathering, Working on passive accounts etc? All these and some other features contribute to the long-term sales of the company. Then why these parameters are neglected in the sales process analysis. I believe that there should be some way to measure such parameters and reward the contributors. These parameters can be sector specific like for engineering companies or B2B sales, Sampling is important whereas, for an FMCG company, Competitor Product / Activity analysis is important.
Now, if we agree on these lateral activities then the second bigger question is how to measure them. An ideal Sales Force Automation application shall offer Sales Call Categorization feature that will help customer companies derive more value out of their sales process. This aspect helps the organization to take accountability of even the minute sales activities that drive the sales and in turn the profitability. Here we can identify various parameters in the sales process and assign a grading number to each one of them depending upon its importance and efforts required. Let’s understand it with an example (refer fig 1.1).
So if a salesperson has to achieve 50 grades in a week, Sales person A can achieve this by doing 1 Retailers Gathering, 15 personal Retailer Visits, 1 Product Demo and 2 Stockiest Visits. Whereas Sales Person B can do 2 Product Demo, 25 Retailer Visits, adding a New Beat, and 2 Stockiest visits to achieve the same. This way, the sales person will be motivated to do direct sales activities as well as later sales activities.
How about making this information available on the mobile application itself, If we are able to do so, It will be an easy & smart way to know the productivity of each sales employee and his team on daily/weekly/monthly basis. It is interesting to think that here every task is considered productive on some level with a unique grading, The sales person will never be off beat about doing a product demo or merchandising activity again. Sales call categorization feature will result in many benefits with few main listed below:
- Accountability of all the activities of a salesperson on the day-to-day basis. Analysis on the same can be done on monthly/weekly meetings. Encouraging them to do lateral activities as well.
- Improved all-around productivity as every sales activity is measured and accounted for.
- Certain sales activity can be the need of the hour like a new product launch should be driven by an interactive product demo every week for the coming month. Compliance can be now monitored.
- This Modern system will bring out the innovation of the sales team.
A system to measure every Sales parameters will set up a 360-degree sales effort.
The mission should be to help companies recognize their process, discover insights and create a shared understanding that drives a business forward.
If you are planning to Implement Salesforce Automation Software, you are at the right place! Call us at +919755633444, 0731-4274230. or feel free to reach us at email@example.com, we would be happy to answer your questions.